Thursday, August 13, 2009

GenCon Day 0

Seth and I got off to a bit of a late start, but stopping for lunch at a Frish's Big Boy where the statue had been given a pirate makeover was great. Visited Roscoe and Sadie, then went up to see Jack, George, Angie and Mom. Then we made a mad dash to Fry's Electronics were I picked up a spare battery for my Canon SLR and a firewire cable for the camcorder. They had a sale on x233 speed 4GB compact flash cards so I picked up a couple of those too.

Checking into the Marriott when smoothly enough, but much to our dismay, they now charge for Internet access. I think that really sucks for what they charge for the room. However, I figured out how to share my Internet connection while tethered to the iPhone. 3G is like a DSL line in performance, and it rawks. Seth and I ate at the RAM, and now were are in the lobby where we thought the wireless was free. No, read more closely and the lobby is the only wireless. The rooms are cabled Ethernet only. Next year I am buying a 1 month MyFi card from Verizon and putting and end to this douchbaggery.

Time to pick events to visit tomorrow. First order of business is getting Pathfinder rule books.

Ready for pictures, debating taking the video camera. Hmm...

No comments: