Monday, February 27, 2017

Projects

I need to write some code. The first project is a front end and data warehouse for Eve Online for useful economic data. Most of what is out there, is not really useful, especially if you have experience with manufacturing or economics. The second project is to dust off my programming project from my senior year in college and rewrite them with new programming tools and new hardware. Particularly the chaos theory and encryption tools, with OpenGL and CUDA support. I am discouraged with the prospects of finding a currently supported UNIX/Linux for the Mac mini. The MacPPC architecture is not high enough in the food chain to have a lot of active support. There is no FreeBSD package repository for it, and one of the key ports application lost the web URL for the source. I'm down to OpenBSD, Lubuntu, and Xbuntu. This is the Mac mini where the office of Steve Jobs answered my e-mail to expedite my order because baby Lucy was on the way around the time of the back ordered shipment. I have a bit of sentimental attachment to that box.

No comments: